Release dateJanuary 19th 2016
PlatformsWindows, OS X, SteamOS, Linux
Regular PriceUSD 15,00
Press ContactAnderson Vermonde
Socialqasirgame.tumblr.com, facebook.com/ANightInBetween, twitter.com/QasirGame
Qasir al-Wasat is a stealth action-adventure set in an enigmatic 12th Century Syrian palace. You play as an invisible creature, summoned from another world to complete an assassination mission. Although deadly, the character is a fragile being and players must navigate carefully the trap-filled corridors of the castle, avoiding the guards or whatever else might be locked inside this fortress in-between worlds.
Step lightly and watch out how you choose to kill your victims, for loud noises and blood stains will surely give out your position to enemies. Remember you can be put down with a single stroke. While exploring the dark corridors, will you fulfill the mission given to you by the enigmatic sorcerer, or will you investigate the mysteries of the palace, at you own risk? Players can search for hidden messages, eavesdrop the fortress’ guards conversations and look for secret passages since not everything is as it seems and there are ancient treasures waiting to be found.
Qasir al-Wasat is built around the tension between action and investigation. The palace is riddled with puzzles, a rich story, nasty traps and an ancient treasure that might be simply too magnificent to ignore. Explore it while embodying a lonesome creature from the underworld, and discover Its peculiar view of humanity. Qasir’s visuals are a love letter to intricate medieval Persian Miniatures, rooted in a thorough historical research. Alongside, an unusual soundscape that is created procedurally with each gameplay.
The gates are open and the sorcerer is summoning you, delve into the enigmatic world of Qasir al-Wasat.
Created by a group of six hopeful friends under the name of Aduge Studio, Qasir al-Wasat started - quite literally - as a dream and went to become an award winning Brazilian gem. The game is being praised for its consonance, technical creativity and intricate narrative. The new International Edition represents an effort by part of the original team, now in the form of Zueira Digital — a video game publisher dedicated to the Brazilian industry. Qasir al-Wasat Intl. Edition will launched on Steam and Humble Store on the 19th Janurary of 2016.
- Furtively explore a gorgeously crafted 12th century Syrian palace riddled with puzzles, traps and mysteries;
- Exquisite art direction, inspired by medieval Persian miniatures and carefully created to portray an authentic setting;
- Eerie dynamic soundscapes with traditional Arabic instruments;
- Clever narrative with multiple endings determined by your actions;
- Fully localized in: Czech, French, German, Italian*, Polish, Portuguese and Russian;
- 30+ Achievements;
- Play with keyboard or gamepad with full support;
* to be included in a future update.
- Nominee: IndieCade 2012
- Winner: "Technical Achievement" Brazilian Video Game Simposium @ Brasília
- Finalist: "Best Narrative" 1st BIG Festival
- Finalist: "Best Brazilian Game" 1st BIG Festival
- "Filled with mystery, puzzles and sneakery, it’s a thoughtful slice of eastern esoterica and I highly recommend taking a look"
- Adam Smith RockPaperShotgun
- "Aduge Studio's successful attempt to integrate gameplay and narrative with the art direction and audio elevates Qasir Al-Wasat into one of the most exciting games of summer 2012"
- Jonathan Lester DealSpwn
- "My heart tells me we are before a true jewel that's able to finely mix together vastly different genres"
- Marco Tassani The Shelter
- "Qasir is also [...] the most authentic and worthy game made in Brazil lately"
- Rique Sampaio Arena IG
- "Aduge created an outstanding video game sprinkled with creativity and brilliance. [...] there isn't nor has ever been anything like it in the world of gaming"
- Paulo Figueiredo Gaming Portugal
Zueira Digital allows for the contents of Qasir al-Wasat to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Qasir al-Wasat is legally & explicitly allowed by Zueira Digital.
This permission can be found in writing at zueiradigital.com/presskit/qasir/#monetize.
Links & Stuff
The main address for Qasir.
Get the latest about Qasir.
Keep up with the development of the game.
Developer's discontinued web blog
Publisher official website.
Who is behind Qasir?
Aduge Studio was a dev team from Curitiba – Brazil, formed by 6 friends. We united under the common goal of pushing the boundaries of game expression, inviting players to tap into the potential of videogames as medium for self-reflection. Qasir al-Wasat was our first major release and went to become an award-winning hidden gem.
Of the original team, some of us reunited to work on Qasir al-Wasat’s International Edition while others went on to work in different projects. The returning team is now releasing the game under our newly created publishing label, Zueira Digital.
Zueira Digital focuses on bringing visibility to the best games developed in Brazil. You can find more about us and the cool games we’ve been working with at ZueiraDigital.com. Want to chat? Send us an e-mail! firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional info, logos & relevant media are available here.