Minas Gerais, Brazil
Release dateAugust 18, 2015
Latest UpdateSpookylands Expansion, October 31, 2015
Press ContactAnderson Vermonde
Relic Hunters Zero is a FREE game about shooting evil space ducks in the face with tiny cute guns. It’s fast, it’s tactical, and feels delicious and smooth to play. The game now available on Steam! You are also able to look at the source code and marvel at how this game can even run with such a tangled mess of curse words and “funny” function names. With the source code freely available people can get creative and keep this game alive, fun and free for years to come.
Game designer Mark Venturelli (Dungeonland, Chroma Squad) and artist Betu Souza (Knights of Pen and Paper, also Chroma Squad) are the dynamic duo behind this game, operating under Venturelli's “Rogue Snail” label. They’ve been making it in their spare time for the last months as a pure labor of love. They've worked together at Behold Studios in Brazil during Chroma Squad's development. The game also features the soundtrack of Swedish composer Goto80 and the sound design from Raphael Müller (who also did sound and music for Dungeonland and Chroma Squad).
Following the game release on August 18th 2015 reception was super great, reaching over 100k players and 1K reviews in just over a week. Critique remains 95% fresh, granting the game an Overwhelmingly Positive status on Steam! There are currently over 500K Relic Hunters Zero players, and an active community gathers at the Official Forums — it houses some great modders and development of new weapons, characters and even game modes by the forum inhabitants is ramping up pretty greatly.
The team conitnues to update the game constantly, adding all sorts of items, features and mechanics. Not only that, entire game systems and play modes have been added. The Spookylands, an expansion lauchand last Halloween, shocases the different directions the original game can be stretched with mods and variations.
Relic Hunters Zero is being published by Zueira Digital, a Brazilian team composed by fellow game developers and focused on the publishing of great Brazilian games.
- Source code available! Create and enjoy mods or whole new games;
- Six playable Hunters;
- Local Co-Op for two players;
- Play with mouse and keyboard + Full Xbox360 gamepad support;
- Amazing lo-fi soundtrack by Goto80;
- 12-level "Adventure Mode" with unlockable items, characters and relics;
- Challenging "Endless Mode" with unique mechanics and economy;
- Challenges add different gameplay modifiers every time you play;
- Spookylands levels with even more weaponds and hounting challanges;
- In game shop;
- Also: digging!
Release Trailer / youtu.be/DgzgoeNSCc4
Endless Mode Trailer / youtu.be/qva-fDPI28c
Spookylands Trailer / youtu.be/lF9UKuTjdtw
Dev Let's Play (60 FPS) / youtu.be/nRLSYWaojzk
- "Best Entertainment Game (In Development)" Brazilian Independent Games Festival, 2015
- "It looks good as heck! Holy guacamole, Batman!"
- Steven Hansen, Destructoid
- "Captures everything great about video games in a tiny package of awesome."
- Dustin Triplett, Geekenstein
- "Free. Overwhelmingly-positive. Shooter. Pew pew, folks. Go blast some space faces!"
- Joel Couture, Indie Game Mag
- "Gamers are going to get a genuinely fun and cool action game"
- Jahanzeb Khan, Hardcore Gamer
- "Why stop after completing all the levels when you can keep playing forever?!"
- Marcus Estrada, Hardcore Gamer
Rogue Snail allows for the contents of Relic Hunters to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Relic Hunters is legally & explicitly allowed by Rogue Snail.
This permission can be found in writing at zueiradigital.com/presskit/rhz/#monetize.
Links & Stuff
Download the game for free on Steam.
Home of the Hunters.
Get the source code and discuss the game and mods.
Keep up with the development of the game.
Developer official website.
Publisher official website.
Brazilian game designer Mark Venturelli is Rogue Snail, a one-man label that includes several collaborators from around the world. Venturelli is responsible for co-founding Critical Studio, creating charity event Super BR Jam, and designing games such as Chroma Squad, Relic Hunters, Dungeonland and Star Vikings.
For more information on Rogue Snail, logos & relevant media go here.
Zueira Digital is a video game publisher focused on bringing the best games developed in Brazil to the hands of gamers around the world. Founded by four passionate indie developers, they aim to increase the incredibly creative Brazilian indie scene’s visibility and reach.
Additional info, logos & relevant media are available here.